SECTION 1 – WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
In addition to comments, you may also submit your name and email address to sign up for our email-based newsletter.
Further, when you browse our site, we automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system. Anonymously, we also track statistics on the usage of our website, including which pages are most popular, how long visitors spend on each page they view, how users navigate through our site, etc.
Using the information collected above, we may send you emails when new content is published or to share other relevant news, events, sponsor messages, etc.
SECTION 2 – CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at [email protected]
SECTION 3 – DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 – THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
- CloudFlare: cloudflare.com/security-policy/
- Google: google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Facebook: facebook.com/policy.php
- Mailchimp: mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
When you click on links on our site, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 5 – SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
- _cfduid: This cookie is used by one of our firewalls to override any security restrictions based on the IP address the visitor is coming from. For example, if the visitor is in a coffee shop where there are a bunch of infected machines, but the visitor’s machine is known trusted, then the cookie can override the security setting. It does not store any personally identifiable information.
- _ga: This cookie is used by Google to anonymously track site usage.
- _gat: This cookie is used by Google to anonymously track site usage.
- _gat_gtag_UA_128372644_1: This cookie is used by Google to anonymously track site usage.
- _AVESTA_ENVIRONMENT: This cookie tracks wether or not the newsletter signup popup form should be shown or not.
SECTION 6 – AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our site is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us at [email protected]